Charlotte, N.C. – North Greenville men turned in a school record in the 8k on Friday night with an average time of 26:45, leading to a 13th place finish at the Royals XC Challenge hosted by Queens University.
- Finish: 13th / 22
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Host: Queens University
How it Happened
- North Greenville had four runners with new personal bests including Ben Sessions who was the top finisher for the Crusaders. Sessions finished the race 33rd overall with a time of 25:50.
- Freshman Logan Childs also had a solid weekend in his third collegiate race, posting a time of 26:53 for his own personal best.
- Also turning personal records over the weekend were Dominic Powell and Austin Nobles. Powell finished with a time of 27:18 while Nobles crossed in 27:58.
- Brooks Hovis finished second on the team with a time of 26:24, finishing him in 54th while Jonathan Keller clocked in at 27:23.
From Coach Stober
- “We ran well today. The men had a great day. We’ve been expecting a performance like this, so it was great to see it come together for the guys. The crushed the prior school record for an 8k team average. It has been a great season so far and it's not over yet. I'm very proud of this team and I'm excited to see what the next month holds.”
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will take on Furman University once again, this time running in the Gene Mullin Cross Country Invitational on October 7th in Greenville, South Carolina.