Greeneville, TN – North Greenville men’s cross country opened up the season with a top five finish on Friday evening turning in a fourth place showing at the Tusculum Open, running without one of the team's top performers.
- Finish: 4/7
- Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
- Host: Tusculum College
How it Happened:
- The Crusaders finished with an average time of 17:14.64 minutes on Friday night.
- Lincoln Memorial brought home the race win, breaking the tape with an average time of 16:27.
- Tusculum finished second while Carson Newman brought home third. Brevard, Maryville, and Johnson University rounded out spots five through seven.
- The Crusaders were paced by Ben Sessions who finished fourth overall. Sessions clocked in with a time of 16:15.
- Freshman Logan Childs turned in a time 17:08.3 in his first race as a collegiate runner, finishing second on the team.
- Jonathan Keller was next to finish the Crusaders with a time of 17:33.2. Keller finished the night with an 18th place finish.
- Austin Nobles and Dominic Powell rounded out NGU’s top 20 finishes with times of 17:37 and 17:39.6 to cash in 20th and 21st place finishes.
Quote from the Coach:
- "I am extremely pleased with our performance today. We actually treated this race as a workout. So for us to finish as well as we did considering we weren't racing from the gun is very encouraging. Not to mention Kaleigh Roach and Trey Stewart didn't race today. Both of which are scorers for us. Taking all of that into consideration, I was extremely proud of how they ran today. This is a great group of young men and women. They had a solid summer of training, and have looked great so far this semester. They are bought in, focused, and motivated. I'm excited about this group and this season."
Next Time Out:
- The Crusaders will take the short trip down Highway 25 to run in the Furman Invitational on September 9th.