Wilson, N.C. - The North Greenville Crusaders were unable to upset the 3-seed Barton Bulldogs, thus ending the season with a 91-74 loss. Matt Moore finished his NGU career with a bang, scoring 28 points and going 10-14 from the field. Roderick Howell had a good game as well with 15 points.
- Score: North Greenville – 74 / Barton - 91
- Records: NGU 12-17, 7-11 CC / BC 17-12, 12-6 CC
- Location: Wilson, S.C. (Wilson Gymnasium)
How it Happened
- NGU pulled ahead early, leading 12-7 five minutes into the first half. At the ten minute mark, the game was tied at 16-16, but the Crusaders would go over three minutes without scoring a point, allowing the Bulldogs to jump to a 24-16 lead. The Crusaders resored to three-pointer, scoring three of them within the final four minutes of the first half. Matt Moore led NGU with ten points in the half. Both teams shot well in the half. North Greenville shot 52% from the field while Barton shot 58.1%. Second chance points proved to make a difference in the first half as the Bulldogs recorded eight offensive rebounds while the Crusaders recorded just one.
- Barton began the second half on a run. The Bulldogs took their largest lead of the game at 26 points with 15:04 remaining. However, North Greenville would spend the next ten minutes fighting hard, cutting the deficit all the way down to 11 points with 5:41 left in the game. The comeback proved to be too little, too late as Barton wsa able to hold their own for the remainder of the game, ultimately winning by 17 points. Moore dominated the second half with 18 points. The Crusaders shot an impressive 57.1% in their final half of the season.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Matt Moore had a final-game performance to remember with 28 points, 4 three-point field goals, and 3 assists.
- Roderick Howell finished with 15 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 blocks.
- DJ Brooks recorded 7 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 blocks.
Inside the Barton Box Score