Central, SC - A 44-point first half gave the Crusaders a comfortable lead throughout the game, leading to a win over the Warriors of Southern Wesleyan 81-61. NGU shot 61.3% in the first half and 45.2% in the second half. DJ Brooks led North Greenville in points with 18.
- Score: North Greenville – 81 / Southern Wesleyan - 61
- Records: NGU 12-16, 7-11 CC / SWU 2-26, 1-18 CC
- Location: Central, SC (Tysinger Gymnasium)
How it Happened
- NGU and SWU shared the lead throughout the first several minutes of the game. With 12:19 remaining in the first half, North Greenville trailed 15-14. This would be the last time the Crusaders trailed in the game. With 7:04 remaining, SWU made a three-pointer to made the score 27-25 in favor of North Greenville, but would then go over six minutes without scoring another point. During Southern Wesleyan's cold spell, the Crusaders did the opposite, scoring 17 points throughout the remainder of the half. A layup by the Warriors finally ended the cold spell, but NGU took a 17-point lead into halftime. Roderick Howell led NGU with 10 points in the first half.
- The issue was never in doubt for the Crusaders in the second half. North Greenville never led by less than 14, shooting 45.2% in the second half. SWU had a better second half with 34 points, but NGU score 37 to beat the Warriors 81-61. DJ Brooks led in points for North Greenville in the second half with nine points.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- DJ Brooks had a solid overall game with 18 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists.
- Roderick Howell scored 13 points while posting 3 rebounds and 2 blocks.
- Tommy Wade mdae 6 of 8 field goals for 12 points while recording 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 blocks.
Inside the Southern Wesleyan Box Score
Next Time Out
- Next up for NGU is the Conference Carolinas Tournament. The Crusaders will most likely enter the tournament as a 6th seed.