Franklin Springs, GA - A struggle of a first half for the Crusaders proved to be the different as Emmanuel came away with the victory 74-60. NGU took a small lead early on in the first half, but the Lions claimed the lead for themselves and never trailed again. Jalon Cokley led North Greenville in points with 13.
- Score: North Greenville – 60 / Emmanuel - 74
- Records: NGU 11-16, 6-11 CC / EC 17-9, 11-5 CC
- Location: Franklin Springs, GA (Williamson Basketball Arena)
How it Happened
- North Greenville took an early 3-2 lead. However, this would be NGU's only lead of the game as the Crusaders would go nearly five minutes without scoring a basket and trail 14-5 with 12:34 left in the first half. Emmanuel continued to score points while limiting the Crusader offense, leading 34-21 at the half. Jalon Cokley led North Greenville for the half with five points.
- NGU would come out fighting hard in the second half. A run by NGU closed the gap to a score of 37-31 in favor of the Lions with 15:11 remaining. North Greenville cut the deficit down to five with 5:42 left in the game. However, a run by Emmanuel opened the gap back up, leading to a 14 point win for the Lions. Matt Moore led NGU in points in the second half with eight.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Jalon Cokley scored 13 points with 3 rebounds and 2 steals.
- Roderick Howell scored 12 points while also recording 4 rebounds.
- Matt Moore recorded 11 points.
Inside the Emmanuel Box Score
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will travel to Central, SC on Friday for the final game of the regular season against the Warriors of Southern Wesleyan.