Due West, S.C. - The Crusaders shot just 29.6% from the field to fall to Erskine 62-47. NGU had 10 offensive rebounds, but scored just 1 second chance point. DJ Brooks led the Crusaders in points with 13.
- Score: North Greenville – 47 / Erskine - 62
- Records: NGU 11-15, 6-10 CC / EC 10-15, 5-11 CC
- Location: Due West, S.C. (Belk Arena)
How it Happened
- The teams traded the lead several times throughout the first half. North Greenville achieved its largest lead of the game at four with 12:40 remaining in the first half. Later on with 7:48 left in the half, Erskine took a 15-13 lead and never looked back. NGU failed to score for the last four minutes of the half to trail 29-20 at halftime. Roderick Howell led the Crusaders in points for the half with eight.
- Erskine began the second half on a run and continued to pull away throughout the half. The Crusaders resorted to three-point shots throughout the second half in an attempt to catch up, but shot just 31.3% from behing the arc for the half. With 8:29 remaining, the Flying Fleet had their largest lead of the game at 19 points. NGU would go on a small run to cut the deficit to ten, but Erskine closed out the game opening the gap back up, ultimately winning by 15. DJ Brooks led NGU in points for the half with eight.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- DJ Brooks scored 13 points including 3 three-point field goals.
- Roderick Howell scored 10 points while also recording 2 steals.
- Jalon Cokley also scored 10 poinst.
Inside the Erskine Box Score
- Austin Venable showed up on offense and defense with 14 points and 5 blocks.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will head to Franklin Springs, GA to take on the Emmanuel Lions on Tuesday, February 20.