Tigerville, S.C. - NGU had a senior night to remember as a late-game three-pointer ended up being the winning shot to put North Greenville over Belmont Abbey 71-69. It was a team effort as all five starters for NGU scored double-digit points. Matt Moore, who hit the game-winning shot, led North Greenville in points with 16.
- Score: North Greenville – 71 / Belmont Abbey - 69
- Records: NGU 11-14, 6-9 CC / BAC 10-16, 5-11 CC
- Location: Tigerville, S.C. (Hayes Gymnasium)
How it Happened
- North Greenville scored the first four points of the game, but Belmont Abbey quickly came back with ten consecutive points to lead 10-4. NGU spent the next several minutes chipping away at the lead, and eventually led 24-23 with 8:02 left in the half. The lead was taken right back by Belmont Abbey, and would lead 39-34 at the end of the half. Matt Moore led NGU in point for the half with 13.
- The two teams would trade the lead several times through the first several minutes of the second half. North Greenville built a five-point lead with 13:19 remaining. However, BAC would score seven consecutive points to take the lead back. They kept the lead until the 1:47 mark when Tommy Wade made a jump shot to give NGU the lead 65-64. Belmont Abbey took the lead again with less than a minute left. With North Greenville trailing by two, Moore hit a clutch three-pointer with ten second left to give NGU a two-point lead. BAC put up a last second shot, but failed to score. Daniel Burchette and Roderick Howell led North Greenville in points in the second half with nine.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Matt Moore had a solid senior night with 16 points, 5 assists, and 2 rebounds.
- Tommy Wade played his last game at Hayes Gymnasium with 10 points and 7 rebounds.
- DJ Brooks recorded 14 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, and 2 blocks.
Inside the Belmont Abbey Box Score
- led BAC in scoring with 19 points.
- Jacob Wilson finished the game with 15 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 assists.
- recorded 12 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will play its final three games of the regular season on the road. The first game will take place Saturday, February 17th against the Erskine Flying Fleet in Due West, SC.