Banner Elk, N.C. - Tommy Wade had a strong night with 21 points, but the Lees-McRae Bobcats put together a 51-point second half to win the game 94-61. Roderick Howell also had a good performance with 14 points and 7 rebounds.
- Score: North Greenville – 61 / Lees-McRae - 94
- Records: NGU 10-14, 5-9 CC / LMC 18-7, 12-4 CC
- Location: Banner Elk, N.C. (Williams Gymnasium)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders began the game on a positive note, scoring eight of the first eleven points. With nine minutes remaining in the first half, the game was tied at 21-21. North Greenville then went five minutes without scoring a point, allowing the Bobcats to jump out to a 29-21 lead with 4:30 remaining in the half. Both teams would shoot well for the remainder of the half, with Lees-McRae leading 43-33 going into halftime. Tommy Wade led NGU for the half with 11 points.
- NGU had a disastrous start to the second half, scoring just two points in the first seven minutes, which allowed LMC to build a 23 points lead. Daniel Burchette ended the cold spell with a three-pointer. A good half of shooting for Lees-McRae allowed them to continue to build on their lead, eventually winning the game by 33 points. Wade led NGU in the second half as well with 10 points.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Tommy Wade scored 21 points. He also had 5 rebounds and 2 steals.
- Roderick Howell posted 14 points. Howell led the team in rebound with 7.
- Daniel Burchette contributed all over the court with 10 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals.
Inside the Lees-McRae Box Score
- Jordan Turner had a night to remember with 26 points. He converted 7 three-point field goals.
- Jason Saintizaire scored 11 points. He also had 2 rebounds and 2 assists.
- Lepreece Lynch had a productive day with 10 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will play at home for the final time this season on Wednesday, February 14th against the Belmont Abbey Crusaders at 7:30 PM.