Mount Olive, N.C. – A dominating first half led the Crusaders to a 70-61 victory over the Mount Olive Trojans. NGU scored 42 points in the first half. Although the Crusaders cooled down in the second half, but scored 28 points, which was enough to capture the victory. North Greenville never trailed at any point in the game. Matt Moore led NGU in points with 16 while Daniel Burchette was one rebound away from a double-double.
- Score: North Greenville – 70 / Mount Olive - 61
- Records: NGU 9-12, 5-7 CC / UMO 15-8, 11-3 CC
- Location: Mount Olive, N.C. (Kornegay Arena)
How it Happened
- North Greenville jumped to a 10-5 lead five minutes into the first half, and a run by the Crusaders over the next four minutes extended the lead to eleven. A layup by Daniko Jackson with five minutes left in the half gave NGU its largest lead of the game at 18. At the end of the half, the Crusaders led 42-28. Matt Moore and Daniel Burchette tied for team lead in points in the first half with 12. Burchette had eight rebounds.
- Mount Olive cut their deficit to twelve through the first five minutes of the second half. NGU chose to play a conservative second half, only attempting four three-point shots and making one. The Trojans would continue to cut away at the lead, but not enough to give the Crusaders a significant scare. Roderick led NGU in points for the half with eight.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Matt Moore led North Greenville with 16 points. He also had 4 rebounds and 3 assists.
- Roderick Howell recorded 14 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 blocks.
- Daniel Burchette scored 12 points and was one rebound away from a double-double with 9.
- Jalon Cokley also scored 12 points and rebounded the ball 7 times.
Inside the Mount Olive Box Score
- Cameron Robinson scored 16 points and had 6 rebounds.
- Dominique Tham achieved a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Next Time Out
- The Cruasaders will look to continue their momentum back home in Tigerville against the King Tornado on Tuesday, February 6 at 7:30 PM.