Gaffney, S.C. – For just the second time in program history, the North Greenville Crusaders completed a regular season sweep of the Limestone Saints, winning 65-64 thanks to a buzzer beater by Roderick Howell. Four Crusaders scored double-digit points, led by DJ Brooks with 17. Howell nearly double-doubled for the second straight game with 12 points and 9 rebounds.
- Score: North Greenville – 65 / Limestone - 64
- Records: NGU 7-12, 3-7 CC / LC 9-11, 5-6 CC
- Location: Gaffney, S.C. (Timken Center)
How it Happened
- The Saints began the game effective from behind the arc as their first twelve points were from three-point range. North Greenville preferred points in the pain as eight of NGU's first 17 points were layups. Tied 23-23 with five minutes remaining in the first half, the Crusaders went on a run to lead by as much as nine. Limestone's Macoumba Kane hit a three-pointer to close the half with North Greenville leading 36-30. Howell led the Crusaders in the first half with eight points.
- Limestone quickly scored the first six points of the second half to tie the game once again. Neither team would lead by more than five for the remainder of the game. The two teams continued to trade the lead throughout the half. The Saints had the advantage with one minute left in the game, leading by four. A three-pointer by Brooks cut the deficit to one with 49 seconds remaining. Coming out of a timeout with 10 seconds left, NGU would get three shots off in that span. The last shot, taken by Howell, gave the Crusaders the one-point victory.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- DJ Brooks led NGU in points for the second straight game with 15. Nine of those points were from three-point range.
- Roderick Howell scored 12 points including the buzzer beater to win the game. He also had 9 rebounds, one away from a double-double.
- Daniel Burchette scored 11 points and collected 7 rebounds.
Inside the Limestone Box Score
- led Limestone in points with 17.
- had a solid game with 13 points and 7 rebounds.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will return home to face the Emmanuel Lions Wednesday, January 31st at 7:30 PM.