Wilson, N.C. – In their first road game since December 9th, the Crusaders fell to the Bulldogs of Barton College 75-63. NGU struggled from three-point range, shooting just 26.1% (6-23) from behind the arc. DJ Brooks led the team in points with 17 while Roderick Howell scored a double-double.
- Score: NGU – 63 / Barton - 75
- Records: NGU 6-12, 2-7 CC / Chowan 11-9, 7-3 CC
- Location: Wilson Gymnasium (Wilson, North Carolina)
How it Happened
- After Barton scored the opening basket, NGU responded by scoring the next seven points to take an early 7-2 lead. The scored evened back up at 9-9 with 13:40 remaining in the first half. The score would remain even for the next several minutes, but a run by Barton put them up by seven with 4:40 remaining in the half. A layup by Roderick Howell sent North Greenville into the locker room down by six. DJ Brooks led the team in points in the first half with 12.
- The Crusaders came out strong in the second half, and cut the deficit to three with 14:42 remaining. However, NGU would then go on a dry spell, scoring just six points in nearly ten minutes. Down by eleven, a three-pointer by Brooks cut the deficit to eight. However, the Crusaders were unable to lower the deficit any further.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- DJ Brooks led NGU in points with 17. Twelve of those points were in the first half.
- Roderick Howell had a solid performance with 12 points and 15 rebounds for a double-double.
Inside the Barton Box Score
- Bobby Stenborg led Barton in points with 18.
- Isaiah Buck-Lowman had a strong game as well with 17 points and 8 rebounds.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will play another road game Friday in Gaffney against the Limestone Saints at 7:30 PM.