Tigerville, SC – North Greenville suprised the conference-leading Trojans of Mount Olive, but ultimately fell 61-54. After scoring the first 11 points of the game, the Crusaders led the overwelming majority of the first half as well as several minutes of the second half. With the score tied with five minutes remaining in the game, the Trojans regained the lead and held onto it to win. Roderick Howell led NGU in points with 11.
- Score: North Greenville – 61 / Mount Olive – 54
- Location: Hayes Gymnasium (Tigerville, SC)
- Records: NGU – 6-10, 2-6 CC / UMO - 12-5, 8-0 CC
How it Happened
- The Crusaders could not have asked for a better start to the game, scoring the first eleven points and making four out of five field goals. with twelve minutes remaining in the first half, North Greenville had its largest lead of the game at twelve points. Mount Olive fought back by scoring eleven of the next thirteen points. The score remained even throughout the remainder of the first half. A free throw by DJ Brooks put North Greenville at the half 30-29. Daniel Burchette led the Crusaders in the first half in points with six.
- After giving up the lead to Mount Olive early in the second half, the Crusaders went on another run to lead by six with 11:42 remaining. UMO then went on a run of their own to take their own six point lead. With 4:45 remaining, the game became tied once again, but the Trojans went on to score nine of the last eleven points to secure the win. Roderick Howell led NGU in the second half with seven points.
- Roderick Howell - 11 Points, 9 Rebounds, 2 Assists
- DJ Brooks - 10 Points, 2 Rebounds, 2 Assists
- Jalon Cokley - 9 Points, 4 Rebounds, 2 Assists
Next Time Out
- NGU returns to action Wednesday in a nonconference game against the Chowan Hawks in Tigerville at 7:00 PM.