Tigerville, SC – North Greenville almost overcame a 20-point deficit, but ultimately fell to the Warriors of Southern Wesleyan 84-73. Trailing by 20 with nineteen minutes remaining, the Crusaders cut the deficit all the way down to 6 late in the second half. However, the Warriors were able to end NGU's momentum and won by 11 points.
- Score: North Greenville – 73 / Southern Wesleyan – 84
- Location: Hayes Gymnasium (Tigerville, SC)
- Records: NGU – 5-9, 1-5 CC / SWU - 2-13, 1-5 CC
How it Happened
- The two teams kept the score even throughout the first ten minutes of the game. With the score 5-5 early on, SWU's DJ Dobson attempted a layup, but Jalon Cokley provided a monstrous block to keep the score at bay. Thanks to strong shooting, Southern Wesleyan finished the first half up by 16 points. For Southern Wesleyan, DJ Dobson led the team in the first half with 11 points and Jalen Lowery scored 10. For North Greenville, Kovi Tate led with 10 points. The Warriors shot 53.1% in the first half while NGU shot 44.4%.
- Early on in the second half, the Warriors recorded their largest lead of the game at 20 points. Throughout the half, NGU was able to chip away at the deficit, cutting it down to six points with 1:04 remaining in the game. However, with SWU already in the double bonus, North Greenville was forced to foul the Warriors throughout the final minute, resulting in a final score of 84-73 in favor of Southern Wesleyan. Jalon Cokley led the Crusaders in points in the second half with 13. For the Warriors, DJ Dobson led the second half with 14 points. NGU shot 42.9% in the second half while SWU shot 48.0%.
- Jalon Cokley - 18 Points, 5 Three-Point Field Goals, 8 Rebounds, 2 Assists
- Kovi Tate - 14 Points, 9 Rebounds
- DJ Brooks - 13 Points, 2 Three-Point Field Goals, 5 Rebounds, 5 Assists
- DJ Dobson - 25 Points, 2 Assists, 2 Steals, 2 Blocks
- - 18 Points, 4 Assists, 2 Rebounds, 2 Steals
- - 15 Points, 18 Rebounds
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will remain at home this weekend and will face the Barton Bulldogs Saturday at 4:00 PM.