Tigerville, SC – A strong second half by the Crusaders led to their first conference win of the season against the Limestone Saints with a final score of 60-51. Both teams struggled to score points in the first half, but NGU vastly improved with a 58.8 field goal percentage in the second half.
- Score: North Greenville – 60 / Limestone – 51
- Location: Hayes Gymnasium (Tigerville, SC)
- Records: NGU – 4-8, 1-4 CC / LC - 7-9, 3-4 CC
How it Happened
- Limestone pulled ahead early, leading 18-9 with 10:08 remaining in the first half. NGU dominated the remainder of the half, scoring 14 of the final 16 points and leading 23-20 at the half. DJ Brooks capped off the half with a three-point buzzer beater.
- The Crusaders continued to carry the momentum in the second half, leading 32-22 with 15:39 remaining. With eight minutes remaining, the Saints were able to cut the deficit to three, but from there North Greenville was able to pull away for good, winning 60-51.
- Daniel Burchette - 24 Points, 2 Three-Point Field Goals, 11 Rebounds
- DJ Brooks - 15 Points, 3 Three-Point Field Goals, 8 Rebounds, 4 Assists
- Roderick Howell - 9 Points, 7 Rebounds
- Kenny Hairston - 16 Points, 3 Three-Point Field Goals, 4 Rebounds
- Walter Cole - 8 Points, 6 Rebounds
Next Time Out
- Next up for North Greenville is a nonconference game vs. Pensacola Christian College on Monday at 5:00 PM.