Belmont, NC – Belmont Abbey won the Battle of the Crusaders this afternoon as North Greenvill fell 75-69. Roderick Howell neared a double-double for the second straight game while Daniel Burchette led the scoring with 23 points.
- Score: North Greenville – 69 / Belmont Abbey – 75
- Location: Wheeler Center (Belmont, NC)
- Records: NGU – 3-6, 0-3 CC / BAC - 5-4, 1-1 CC
How it Happened
- Belmont Abbey began the game on a good note as they scored the first eight points of the game and led by 14 with 12:14 remaining in the first half. North Greenville would respond with nine straight points to pull within four. Leading by one with 6:28 remaining in the half, BAC took the momentum back and led 37-29 at the half. NGU shot just 28.6% for the half while Belmont Abbey shot 43.8%.
- North Greenville put together another nine-point run to begin the second half to take the lead 38-37. The two teams would trade the lead for the next five minutes. NGU led 65-64 with less than five minutes remaining, but Belmont Abbey quickly took the lead back and didn't give it up. Two missed three-pointers in the final minute by North Greenville would seal the win for BAC. NGU vastly improved in the second half, shooting 46.7%.
The Good Guys
- Daniel Burchette - 23 Points, 2 Three-Point Field Goals, 4 Rebounds
- Matt Moore - 17 Points, 3 Three-Point Field Goals, 3 Rebounds
- Roderick Howell - 10 Points, 9 Rebounds
The Other Team
- Jacob Wilson - 23 Points, 3 Three-Point Field Goals, 6 Rebounds
- - 22 Points, 15 Rebounds, 5 Blocks
- - 9 Points, 6 Rebounds, 3 Assists
Next Time Out
- NGU will head to Aiken to take on the Pacers of USC Aiken on December 9th at 3:30 PM.