Bristol, TN – Roderick Howell came close to a double-double with 10 points and 8 rebounds against King University. The Crusaders led at the half 32-29, but a 54 point second-half performance by the Tornado led to North Greenville falling 83-69.
- Score: North Greenville – 69 / King – 83
- Location: Student Center Complex (Bristol, TN)
- Records: NGU – 3-5, 0-2 CC / KU - 3-3, 1-0 CC
How it Happened
- King took an early 15-8 lead with 13:35 left in the first half. A dunk by Roderick Howell capped off seven unanswered points by North Greenville to even the score at 15 with twelve minutes to go. NGU closed out the half with another seven unanswered points, including a three-pointer by Daniel Burchette. The Crusaders shot 48.1% for the half.
- The second half was a struggle for NGU as they would lead for only the first two minutes. Je'Don Young hit a three-pointer to give King its first lead of the half. North Greenville did tie the game soon after, but another three by Young put King in the lead for good. Down by 11, Tommy Wade made a dunk to pull the Crusaders within 9 points with 13:18 remaining. From there, NGU tried to rely on three-pointers to get them back into the game. Six of North Greenville's ten field goals in the second half were three-pointers. However, King played a dominant second half, shooting 59.4%. Tommy Wade did end the game with style when he recorded his second dunk of the game, but NGU would ultimately fall to the Tornado. North Greenville shot 38.5% in the second half.
The Good Guys
- Daniel Burchette - 17 Points, 6 Rebounds, 2 Assists
- Matt Moore - 13 Points, 3 Three-Point Field Goals, 6 Rebounds
- Tommy Wade - 10 Points, 5 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 2 Steals
- Roderick Howell - 10 Points, 8 Rebounds
The Other Team
- Jordan Floyd - 33 Points, 5 Three-Point Field Goals, 2 Steals
- Mack Owens - 16 Points, 12 Rebounds
- Mike Salomon - 12 Points, 4 Rebounds, 2 Assists
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders return to action Saturday against the Belmont Abbey Crusaders in Belmont, NC at 4:00 PM.