Melbourne, FL – Daniel Burchette and Roderick Howell both scored 21 points, but North Greenville ultimately fell short of a comeback against Puerto Rico Bayamon with a final score of 88-80. With the loss, NGU officially finishes 4th in the Florida Tech Thanksgiving Tournament.
- Score: North Greenville – 80 / Puerto Rico Bayamon – 88
- Location: Clemente Center (Melbourne, FL)
- Records: NGU – 3-4, 0-1 CC / UPR – 1-3
How it Happened
- The Crusaders led early in the game. Puerto Rico took the lead 9-8 with 16:15 remaining in the first half and would not give up the lead for the remainder of the game. North Greenville kept the score close at 17-12 with 13:38 remaining in the first half, but went the next three minutes without scoring a point. Bayamon led by as much as 17 in the first half and would lead 48-35 at the end of the half. Roderick Howell led NGU in scoring in the half with 12 points.
- North Greenville continued to fight in the second half. A jumpshot by Tommy Wade cut the deficit to 7 with 14:35 remaining. However, Puerto Rico also shot well in the second half, and prevented the Crusaders from cuting the deficit any lower. Daniel Burchette led the team in 2nd half scoring with 13 points.
The Good Guys
- Daniel Burchette - 21 Points, 7 Rebounds, 2 Blocks
- Roderick Howell - 21 Points, 7 Rebounds, 2 Steals
- Tommy Wade - 18 Points, 12 Rebounds, 5 Assists
The Other Team
- Nathaniel Martinez - 24 Points, 3 Three-Point Field Goals, 3 Rebounds
- Luis Cuascut - 17 Points, 10 Rebounds, 5 Assists
- Fabian Navarro - 15 Points, 4 Rebounds, 2 Assists
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will not have to wait long to rebound from the tournament as they will travel to Bristol, Tennessee to take on conference foe King University Tuesday at 7:30 PM.