Mars Hill, N.C. – The Crusaders had yet another strong second half with 48 points against the Mars Hill Lions to win 78-71. Tommy Wade had a big game with 25 points while Jalon Cokley also impressed with 17 points.
- Score: North Greenville – 78 / Mars Hill – 71
- Location: Stanford Arena (Mars Hill, North Carolina)
- Records: NGU – 3-1 / MHU – 1-3
How it Happened
- NGU took an early 18-9 lead, which included a dunk by Tommy Wade and seven points by Jalon Cokley.
- The Lions scored the next 9 points to tie the game at 18 with 5:34 remaining in the first half.
- Neither team led by more than two for the remainder of the half. Mars Hill led at halftime 31-30.
- A strong beginning to the second half gave MHU a 44-34 lead.
- The Crusaders fought back to tie the game at 49 with 12:56 remaining in the game.
- With NGU leading 64-61 and 7:00 remaining, Tommy Wade would take over, scoring the Crusaders' next 11 points to give North Greenville a 75-67 lead with 2:48 remaining.
- NGU was able to hang on to win 78-71.
The Good Guys
- Tommy Wade - 25 Points, 3 Three-Point FGs, 4 Rebounds, 3 Steals, 2 Blocks
- Jalon Cokley - 17 Points, 2 Three-Point FGs, 2 Rebounds
- Daniel Burchette - 10 Points, 8 Rebounds, 2 Assists
- Matt Moore - 10 Points, 2 Three-Point FGs, 5 Rebounds, 2 Assists
The Other Team
Next Time Out
- North Greenville returns home to play the Flying Fleet of Erskine College to open up conference play Tuesday, November 21st at 7:30 PM.