Tigerville, S.C. – After trailing by seven at the end of the first half, the North Greenville Crusaders came to life in the second half to beat the Piedmont International Bruins 88-79. NGU shot a 62.1 field goal percentage in the second half.
- Score: North Greenville – 88 / Piedmont International – 79
- Location: Hayes Gymnasium (Tigerville, South Carolina)
- Records: NGU – 2-1 / PIU – 2-4
How it Happened
- North Greenville took an 8-3 lead early on.
- The Bruins came storming back to dominate the first half, leading by as much as ten.
- Piedmont International took a 37-30 lead into the half.
- PIU shot 60% in the first half. Antoine Robinson led the way with 15 points.
- The Crusaders started the second half on a role, scoring the first ten points of the half to take a 40-37 lead.
- NGU took the ball to the paint throughout the second half. Of North Greenville's 18 second half field goals, only two were three pointers.
- Daniel Burchette had a half to remember, making five out of seven field goals and scoring 17 points.
- The Bruins went into foul mode in the last minute of the game, but the Crusaders were able to make all ten free throws to secure the victory.
The Good Guys
- Daniel Burchette - 23 Points, 13 Rebounds, 3 Assists, 2 Steals
- Matt Moore - 17 Points, 2 Three-Point Field Goals
- DJ Brooks - 15 Points, 3 Three-Point Field Goals, 6 Rebounds, 2 Steals
- Roderick Howell - 11 Points, 7 Rebounds
The Other Team
Next Time Out
- NGU will head to Mars Hill, NC saturday to take on the Mars Hill Lions at 2:00 PM.