North Greenville falls to Lenoir-Rhyne
Hickory, N.C. – North Greenville fell to 1-1 on the season after a 22-10 Saturday night loss to Lenoir-Rhyne in the first road game of the season.
- Score: NGU – 10 LR – 22
- Location: Hickory, North Carolina
- Records: North Greenville 1-1 / Lenoir-Rhyne 1-1
- Saturday’s win over the Crusaders is the first for the Bears since the 2014 season. North Greenville won the previous two meetings, one in Tigerville and one in Hickory.
How it Happened
- Lenoir-Rhyne took advantage of a long kick return to open the game, scoring four plays later to take a 6-0 lead.
- The Crusaders answered back with a touchdown from Ashton Heard a drive later but Heard’s touchdown would cap the first half scoring for North Greenville.
- Lenoir-Rhyne tacked on two more touchdowns in the first half to take a 19-7 advantage at half.
- Neither team was able to find the end-zone in the second half. North Greenville tacked on a field goal at the 2:12 mark of the third period while the Bears added a field goal in the fourth quarter to make the score 22-10.
The Good Guys
- Ashton Heard ran the ball 11 times for 39-yards and the team’s only touchdown. Tracy Scott led the rushing game with 53-yards on nine carries.
- Robbie Brown led all receivers with 64-yards on four catches.
- Brandon Burger led the Crusaders with 14 total tackles on defense.
The Other Team
- The Bears were led by Nelson Brown who had 106-yards on 30-carries and a touchdown.
- Jaquay Mitchell and Jordan Mann both had receiving touchdowns for Lenoir-Rhyne on 170 passing yards for Jarrod Keller.
- The Bears forced a pair of turnovers, one an interception and the other a fumble recovery.
- The Crusaders travel to Albany State next Saturday for a 7 pm kickoff.