Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville Baseball will host the 2018 NCAA Division II Southeast Regional, a double-elimination tournament scheduled to be played Thursday, May 17, 2018, through Monday, May 21, 2018.
The southeast region field is arguably the strongest in the 2018 tournament with five of the seven teams boasting a top – 20 ranking, nationally. North Greenville tops the list at #3 while Georgia College comes in at #6. Columbus State finished the regular season at #10 while Belmont Abbey and UNC Pembroke come in at #15 and #17 respectively.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE 2018 SOUTHEAST REGIONAL BELOW
HOW THEY GOT HERE
- North Greenville earned the #1 seed for the first time in school history, touting a 44-8 record. The Crusaders won the program’s first regular-season title and capped the season with a tournament title, securing an automatic bid.
- Georgia College finished the 2018 slate with an equally impressive 42-10 mark. Like NGU, the Bobcats earned the automatic bid for the Peach Belt Conference, winning the league’s tournament title. Georgia College also won the league’s regular-season crown.
- Belmont Abbey received one of the four at-large bids that were handed down on Sunday night. The Crusaders, a Conference Carolinas member, finished 37-12 and third overall in the conference standings.
- Columbus State is the second of three Peach Belt squads to earn the right to play for a national championship. A 40-12 mark for the Cougars at the conclusion of the 2018 regular and tournament seasons earned them their 26th post-season appearance.
- UNC Pembroke rounds out the selections for the Peach Belt Conference. The Braves locked in a second at-large bid for the PBC after finishing the season with a 38-13 record. The Braves finished fourth in the Peach Belt Conference with a 17-12 league mark.
- Wingate University rounds out the at-large bids for the Southeast Region, representing the South Atlantic Conference. The Bulldogs finished second in their conference and boasted a 34-17 record overall.
- Lincoln Memorial rounds out the southeast regional field of seven teams having earned the SAC’s automatic bid after winning the conference championship. The Railsplitters were on the outside looking in heading into the final week of the season but secured their spot with the tournament title, finishing the season with a 35-19 record overall.
FRIDAY POST-GAME PRESS CONFERENCES
SATURDAY POST-GAME PRESS CONFERENCES
SUNDAY POST-GAME PRESS CONFERENCES
DAY ONE RESULTS
- [Game One] Belmont Abbey - 5 / Wingate - 4 (10 - Innings)
- [Game Two] Georgia College - 4 / Lincoln Memorial - 9
- [Game Three] Columbus State - 8 / UNC Pembroke - 2
DAY TWO RESULTS
- [Game Four] Georgia College - 13 / Wingate - 3
- [Game Five] North Greenville - 3 / Columbus State - 4
- [Game Six] Lincoln Memorial - 3 / Belmont Abbey - 15
- #1 North Greenville - 10 / North Georgia - 6
- #5 UNC Pembroke - 9 / #7 Lincoln Memorial - 8 (11 Innings)
- #4 Columbus State - 3 / #3 Belmont Abbey - 7
- #1 North Greenville - 2 / UNC Pembroke - 0
- North Greenville -3 / Columbus State - 6
- #4 Columbus State vs. #3 Belmont Abbey (2:00 PM)
Southeast Region Participant Information
#1 North Greenville
#2 Georgia College
#3 Belmont Abbey
#4 Columbus State
#5 UNC Pembroke
#6 Wingate Univ.
#7 Lincoln Memorial
|NGU Baseball||GC Baseball||BAC Baseball||CSU Baseball||UNCP Baseball||WU Baseball||LMU Baseball|
|2018 Schedule||2018 Schedule||2018 Schedule||2018 Schedule||2018 Schedule||2018 Schedule||2018 Schedule|
|2018 Statistics||2018 Statistics||2018 Statistics||2018 Statistics||2018 Statistics||2018 Statistics||2018 Statistics|
The 2018 Southeast Regional will be held on May 17, 2018 - May 21, 2018, at Ray & Bea Dillard Field at Ashmore Park.