Fort Lauderdale, FL - The 2018 Conference Carolinas Champions were held to two runs in a 6-2 loss to the Nova Southeastern Sharks. Errors proved costly as three of NSU's runs were unearned. Utah Jones recorded two hits and drove in both of North Greenville's runs with a home run. Tucker Burgess took the loss, only his second of the season.
- Score: North Greenville – 2 / Nova Southeastern – 6
- Records: NGU 43-7, 17-5 Away / NSU 31-12, 22-6 Home
- Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida (NSU Baseball Complex)
How it Happened
- Nova Southeastern struck first with a two-run home run by Jake Anchia in the 1st. Both runs were unearned.
- The Sharks put up another run in the 2nd by way of an RBI-double by Nathan Chevalier.
- NSU scored two more runs in the 4th. What should have been an RBI-groundout ended up bringing two runs in due to an error.
- North Greenville entered the run column in the 5th with a two-run home run by Utah Jones.
- An RBI-single by Christian Demby added to the NSU lead in the 7th.
- The Crusaders went three up, three down in the final three innings of the game.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Utah Jones recorded 2 hit including a 2-run HR to left field.
- Josh Black went 2 for 4 with a stolen base.
- Tucker Burgess pitched 6.2 innings, and allowed 6 runs (3 earned) on 9 hits and 2 walks.
Inside the Nova Southeastern Box Score
- Jake Anchia hit a 2-run HR.
- Christian Demby went 2 for 4 with a double.
- Devin Conn pitched 7.0 strong innings, allowing just 2 runs on 7 hits and 1 walk.
Next Time Out
- The three-game series will continue tomorrow with a doubleheader beginning at noon.