Wilson, N.C. - North Greenville took care of business with a win over Barton College to complete the three-game sweep. With the sweep, North Greenville clinched the number one seed in the Conference Carolinas Tournament. Connor Grant had a solid game with three hits including a triple and three runs batted in. Tucker Burgess won yet again to finish the season with a 13-1 record.
- Score: North Greenville – 11 / Barton – 3
- Records: NGU 39-6, 21-3 CC / SWU 12-36, 4-19 CC
- Location: Wilson, North Carolina (Nixon Field)
How it Happened
- The first two innings went scoreless.
- NGU took the lead with four runs in the 3rd inning. John Jones brought in the first run with an RBI-single to right field. Connor Grant then scored two runs with a triple down the right field line. After a mound visit, Ryan Brown scored an RBI with a sacrifice fly to center field.
- Four more runs came in to score in the top of the 4th for North Greenville. An RBI-single through the left side by Jack Morris increased the Crusader lead to five. A fielding error allowed Alex Williams to score. John Jones brought in the third run with a single through the right side. A sacrifice fly by Connor Grant scored the fourth run to gibe NGU an 8-0 lead.
- Barton scored a run in the bottom of the 4th with a home run by Colby Warren.
- The Bulldogs added two runs in the 6th when Chase Riker hit a two RBI-double down the right field line.
- NGU capped off the scoring in the 8th with three runs. Black brought in the first run with a sacrifice bunt. An RBI-single by Utah Jones scored the second run. Josh Senter then hit a pinch hit RBI-single to left field.
- Kipp Rollings pitched a scoreless 9th inning to end the game.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Tucker Burgess pitched a dominating 5.0 innings. He allowed just 3 hits and 1 run.
- went 2 for 3 including a triple and drove in 3 runs.
- John Jones recorded 2 hits and 2 RBIs.
Inside the Barton Box Score
Next Time Out
- North Greenville heads to the Conference Carolinas tournament as the #1 seed.