Tigerville, S.C. - NGU shutout the Jaguars of Augusta University at Ray & Bea Dillard Field with a final score of 13-0. The Crusaders finish with an impressive record of 18-1 at home for the regular season. John Jones had an impressive day, going three for three with four RBIs and a walk. Tucker Burgess won yet another game, and is now 12-1 for the season.
- Score: North Greenville – 13 / Augusta – 0
- Records: NGU 36-6, 18-1 Home / AU 11-29, 7-12 Away
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina
How it Happened
- Jeffrey Chandler put NGU on the board in the 1st with an RBI-groundout. The run was unearned because of an error in the inning.
- North Greenville struck again in the 3rd with an RBI-single through the right side by John Jones.
- Two more runs scored for the Crusaders in the 4th. Both were bases-loaded walks.
- The 5th inning was quite a productive one for NGU with nine runs scored including a two-run home run to left field by Andrew Plunkett. John Jones and Alex Williams both hit two-RBI singles in the inning. Utah Jones hit an RBI-single to shortstop.
- The remainder of the game went scoreless as North Greenville's entire lineup was replaced in the 6th and 7th innings.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- John Jones went 3 for 3 with 4 RBIs and a walk.
- also posted 3 hits. He went on to score twice.
- Canaan Cropper threw 2.0 perfect innings in relief.
Inside the Augusta Box Score
- The Crusaders will play in their final conference series this weekend against Barton College in Wilson, NC. The series will start with a doubleheader on Friday, April 20th.