Tigerville, S.C. - The North Greenville Crusaders began their final home conference series of the season with a 5-4 victory over the Limestone Saints. The Saints put up a good fight, but a three-run sixth inning allowed NGU to take the lead. Canaan Cropper shut down the LC offense by pitching two shutout innings to earn the save. Tucker Burgess won his eleventh game of the season. John Jones hit two doubles and drove in a run.
- Score: North Greenville – 5 / Limestone – 4
- Records: NGU 33-6, 16-3 CC / LC 18-21, 9-10 CC
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina (Ray & Bea Dillard Field)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders scored first thanks to an RBI ground-rule double to right field by Connor Grant in the 1st inning.
- Innings 2, 3, and 4 went scoreless. Both teams produced just one hit each in the three innings.
- Limestone took the lead in the top of the 5th when Zach Piazza connected for a three-run home run down the left field line.
- NGU responded in the bottom of the 5th with an RBI-single up the middle by Eric Gilbert.
- North Greenville put together three runs in the 6th thanks to an RBI-single by Jeffrey Chandler, another RBI-single by Ryan Brown, and an RBI-double by Jared Williams.
- After a scoreless 7th, Piazza struck again with a solo home run to left center. This officially marked the end of the day for starter Tucker Burgess.
- Canaan Cropper pitched the final two innings for North Greenville. He allowed just one hit and earned the save.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Tucker Burgess picked up his 11th win of the season. He pitched 7.0 innings allowing 4 runs on 7 hits.
- John Jones went 2 for 4 including 2 doubles and an RBI.
- Canaan Cropper earned his 5th save of the season.
Inside the Limestone Box Score
- The series continues tomorrow at noon with a Senior Day presentation prior to first pitch of the doubleheader. There will be a field dedication in-between games.