Orangeburg, S.C. - North Greenville dominated the afternoon with a 14-5 victory over the Claflin Panthers. The win is NGU's second over the Panthers this season. Sean Parsons, who entered the game as a pinch runner then took over first base, recorded two hits including a three-run double.
- Score: North Greenville – 14 / Claflin – 5
- Records: NGU 32-6, 14-4 Away / CU 11-24, 10-13 Home
- Location: Orangeburg, South Carolina
How it Happened
- John Jones was able to get the scoring started in the 1st with an RBI-single to right field.
- NGU scored two runs in the 2nd to go up 3-0 by way of a sacrifice fly by Ryan Brown and an RBI-groundout by Utah Jones.
- The Crusaders played more small ball in the 3rd to score two more runs. Connor Grant scored the first run by advancing on a wild pitch. Later in the inning, Alex Williams brought in a run with a sacrifice fly.
- North Greenville put two additional runs on the board in the top of the 4th. Utah Jones connected with an RBI-double to left center. Grant brought in the second run with a sacrifice fly, North Greenville's third of the game. Claflin scored two runs in the bottom of the inning to get on the board.
- Jack Morris scored the Crusaders' lone run in the 5th with an RBI-double to center field.
- Two runs came across once again in the 6th. Josh Senter brought in the first with an RBI-triple. Lex Tuten then brought in Senter with a single to left field.
- Sean Parsons made an impact in the 7th with a bases-clearing double to center field.
- The Panthers put together three runs in the 8th by way of a two-RBI single and an RBI-single.
- NGU capped off the scoring with one more run in the 9th, a sacrifice fly by Cameron Norgren.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Sean Parsons did not start the game but recorded 2 hits and 3 RBIs including a bases-clearing double.
- Andrew Plunkett went 2 for 3.
- Jack Morris recorded 2 hits, an RBI, and a run scored.
Inside the Claflin Box Score
- North Greenville will return home to face the Limestone Saints in its final home conference series of the season beginning Friday, April 13.