Tigerville, S.C. - The Crusaders were unable to complete the sweep of the Trojans of the University of Mount Olive, falling just one run short in the final game of the series with a score of 6-5. Although the weekend wasn't perfect for the Crusaders, they still lead the Conference Carolinas standings. Josh Black had an impressive game with three hits. Jared Lembcke was responsible for the loss.
- Score: North Greenville – 5 / Mount Olive – 6
- Records: NGU 30-6, 15-3 CC / UMO 26-9-1, 14-4 CC
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina (Ray & Bea Dillard Field)
How it Happened
- Mount Olive scored first with an unearned run that scored off a double by Jose Lopez in the 1st inning. Nate Estes added a second run with another RBI-double.
- NGU took the lead in the 2nd with three runs scored. Andrew Plunkett drove in the first run with an RBI-groundout. With the bases loaded later in the inning, Utah Jones and John Jones walked to bring in a run a piece.
- The Trojans responded with three runs of their own in the 3rd including a home run by Drew Ellis and a two-RBI double by James Smibert to take a 5-3 lead.
- North Greenville came back to tie the game in the 4th with an RBI-single by Josh Black and an RBI-fielder's choice by John Jones.
- The game remained tied until the 7th when hit a solo home run to give Mount Olive a 6-5 lead, which would end up the final score.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Josh Black went 3 for 5 at the leadoff spot with an RBI.
- Jared Williams recorded 2 hits and scored 2 runs.
- John Jones collected a hit, 2 RBIs, and 2 walks.
Inside the Mount Olive Box Score
- North Greenville will head to Orangeburg, SC to face the Claflin Panthers on Wednesday, April 11.