Tigerville, S.C. - The North Greenville Crusaders finished their second game at Fluor Field this season with a 6-5 victory over the Indians of Catawba College. With the win, North Greenville's longest winning streak of the season continues to climb as the streak has now reached twelve. Andrew Plunkett had quite a night with a home run over the green monster in left field and a sacrifice fly that scored what ended up becoming the winning run. Brent Herlong scored his second win of the season and Kipp Rollings earned his second save.
- Score: North Greenville – 6 / Catawba – 5
- Records: NGU 29-5, 13-2 CC / USCA 19-18, 13-5 SAC
- Location: Greenville, South Carolina (Fluor Field)
How it Happened
- Catawba struck first with a two-RBI double by Joe Butts in the 1st inning.
- North Greenville tied the game in the 2nd. Ryan Brown scored the first run with an RBI triple down the right field line. The next at-bat resulted in a sacrifice fly by Andrew Plunkett.
- The next two innings went scoreless, but NGU would take the lead in the 5th when Connor Grant hit a two-RBI double to center field.
- That lead would not last long as the Indians scored three in the top of the 6th to take the lead including a two-RBI single by Jacob Nester.
- The game became tied once again in the bottom of the 6th with a monstrous home run to left field by Andrew Plunkett.
- Catawba loaded the bases in the 7th, but Brent Herlong entered the game with two outs and retired the final batter of the inning to prevent a run from scoring.
- Plunkett scored his third RBI of the game in the 8th with a sacrifice fly to right center.
- Kipp Rollings pitched a scoreless 9th to earn the save.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Andrew Plunkett impressed once again with a HR and 3 RBIs.
- Connor Grant recorded 2 hits and 2 RBIs.
- Ryan Brown hit his 3rd triple of the season.
Inside the Catawba Box Score
- North Greenville will host the Mount Olive Trojans this weekend. The winner of the series will have sole-possession of the lead in the Conference Carolinas standings.