Aiken, S.C. - North Greenville improved its winning streak to eleven with a 12-4 victory over USC Aiken. The Crusaders scored in all but two innings. Andrew Plunkett had a productive night with four hits including two home runs and six runs batted in. Tucker Burgess received his ninth win of the season. Connor Grant also homered.
- Score: North Greenville – 12 / USC Aiken – 4
- Records: NGU 28-5, 13-4 Away / USCA 20-10, 17-8 Home
- Location: Aiken, South Carolina (Roberto Hernandez Stadium)
How it Happened
- NGU plated the first run of the game in the 1st with an RBI-groundout by John Jones.
- Andrew Plunkett's first home run came in the top of the 2nd to put North Greenville up 3-0. An RBI-single by Utah Jones would add another run in the inning.
- USCA responded in the bottom of the 2nd with an RBI-single by .
- The Crusaders struck again in the 3rd inning with three runs. Connor Grant led off the inning with his ninth home run of the season. Later, Plunkett brought in the second run with an RBI-double. A sacrifice fly by Josh Black would score the third run.
- Plunkett came through yet again with a two-RBI double in the 4th.
- North Greenville's tenth run was scored in the top of the 5th by a sacrifice fly by Ryan Brown.
- USC Aiken made some noise in the bottom of the 5th with two runs including an RBI-double by .
- After a scoreless 6th, both teams added a run in the 7th. John Jones brought in NGU's run with an RBI-single.
- The Crusaders added the final run of the game in the 8th when Plunkett connected for his second home run of the game.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Andrew Plunkett had an impressive performance with 4 Hits, 2 Home Runs, and 6 RBIs.
- Connor Grant hit his 9th Home Run of the season.
- Blake Hamilton pitched the first 3.0 innings of the game to earn the win.
Inside the USC Aiken Box Score
- went 3 for 5 with a Double.
- , who homered twice against NGU at Fluor Field, went 0 for 4.
- started the game for USC Aiken, but pitched just 1.2 innings and was charged with the loss.
- Next up for the Crusaders is a short trip back to Fluor Field in Greenville to take on the Indians of Catawba College next Wednesday at 7:00 PM.