Central, S.C. - Connor Grant followed in Ryan Brown's footsteps with a two home run performance of his own to lead the Crusaders over the Warriors of Southern Wesleyan 11-3. Andrew Plunkett hit a home run as well, his fourth of the season. Ethan Garner pitched seven strong innings to receive the win.
- Score: North Greenville – 11 / Southern Wesleyan – 3
- Records: NGU 25-5, 11-2 CC / SWU 12-18, 1-12 CC
- Location: Central, South Carolina (Dr. C. Keith Connor Field)
How it Happened
- Connor Grant's first home run came in the 1st inning to give NGU a 2-0 lead.
- Three runs scored for North Greenville in the 5th including a two-run homer by Andrew Plunkett.
- Southern Wesleyan put their three runs on the board in the 6th inning, which involved a two-run home run by Trey Matthews.
- In the 7th, Grant connected for his second home run of the game. Both were hit to left field.
- NGU scored one run in the 8th, an RBI-single by Utah Jones.
- North Greenville capped off the day in the ninth with a two-RBI double by Josh Black.
- Trent Spikes closed out the game with two hitless innings pitched.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Connor Grant had a 2 HR performance with 4 RBIs.
- Utah Jones had a quiet but productive day, recording 3 hits including a double and an RBI.
- hit a home run and a double.
Inside the Southern Wesleyan Box Score
Next Time Out
- The series will continue with tomorrow's doubleheader starting at noon.