Greenville, S.C. - Ryan Brown hit two home runs at Fluor Field as the Crusaders continue their winning ways with a 7-3 win over USC Aiken. Eric Gilbert had a solid day at the plate as well with two hits including a double. Kipp Rollings received the win with three scoreless innings pitched.
- Score: North Greenville – 7 / USC Aiken – 3
- Records: NGU 24-5 / USCA 17-9
- Location: Greenville, South Carolina (Fluor Field at the West End)
How it Happened
- USC Aiken took a 1-0 lead in the top of the 2nd with a solo shot by .
- North Greenville took the lead in the bottom of the 2nd when John Jones hit an RBI single to score two runs.
- The Crusaders added to their lead with three runs in the 3rd. Ryan Brown led off with a home run down the right field line. With the bases loaded, Josh Black brought in a run with an RBI-groundout. Then with the bases loaded once again, a walk to John Jones scored another run.
- The Pacers cut their deficit to three runs in the 4th with a home run by Goings, his second of the game.
- A sacrifice fly by John Jones put North Greenville back up by four in the 5th.
- In the 6th, Brown hit his second home run of the game to right field.
- A bases loaded walk in the 8th scored USC Aiken's final run, but Canaan Cropper pitched the final 1.1 innings and did not allow a runner to reach base to close out the game.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Ryan Brown had a performance to remember with 2 HRs and 2 RBIs. He was also hit by a pitch twice.
- Eric Gilbert continues to be hot at the plate. He recorded two hits including a double.
- Kipp Rollings pitched 3.0 scoreless innings and earned the win.
Inside the USC Aiken Box Score
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will head to Central, SC to take on the Southern Wesleyan Warriors in a three-game conference series starting Friday at 4:00 PM.