Tigerville, S.C. - The North Greenville Crusaders began the week with a 10-4 victory over the Claflin Panthers. With the win, North Greenville has now won six games in a row. Ryan Brown and Josh Senter both hit their second home runs of the season while Trent Spikes earned his first win of the year. Ten different Crusaders had a base hit.
- Score: North Greenville – 10 / Claflin – 4
- Records: NGU 23-5, 12-0 Home / CU 7-19, 0-9 Away
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina (Ray & Bea Dillard Field at Ashmore Park)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders quickly got to work with a three-run home run by Ryan Brown in the 1st.
- A sacrifice fly by John Jones in the 3rd extended the North Greenville lead to four.
- Claflin fought back with two runs in the 5th and another run in the top of the 6th to cut the NGU lead to one run.
- NGU quickly responded with three runs in the bottom of the 6th including an RBI-single by Josh Black and an RBI-double by Utah Jones.
- Eric Gilbert scored another run for the Crusaders in the 7th with an RBI double.
- In the 8th, Josh Senter hit a pinch hit two-run home run to left field.
- The Panthers scored a run in the 9th, but Frankie Fernandez struck out the next batter to put the game away.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Ryan Brown and Josh Senter hit their 2nd home runs of the season.
- Trent Spikes pitched the first 3.0 innings, giving up 0 runs and just 1 hit to earn the win.
- Brent Herlong pitched 2.0 no-hit innings.
Inside the Claflin Box Score
- was the only multi-hit batter for either team, recording 2 hits and a run scored.
- had the lone RBI for Claflin.
- pitched 4.0 innings, allowing 4 runs off 5 hits and 3 walks. He was charged with the loss.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will take a short trip to Greenville to face the Pacers of USC Aiken at Fluor Field tomorrow at 6:00 PM.