Tigerville, S.C. - North Greenville started its weekend with a 13-6 win over the King Tornado to begin the conference series. The Crusaders hit four home runs including a grand slam by Connor Grant. Ethan Garner won his fourth game of the season.
- Score: North Greenville – 13 / King – 6
- Records: NGU 20-5, 8-2 CC / KU 15-7, 6-4 CC
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina (Ray & Bea Dillard Field at Ashmore Park)
How it Happened
- King scored first with a solo home run by Mark Michael in the top of the 1st.
- NGU quickly responded and pulled away in the bottom of the 1st with six runs including a bases-clearing double by Andrew Plunkett and a two-run home run by Jack Morris.
- Four runs were added by North Greenville in the 4th with a grand slam by Connor Grant.
- John Jones hit a home run of his own in the 6th to give NGU a 12-1 lead.
- The Tornado showed some fight in the top of the 7th with four runs including a two-RBI double by Michael.
- North Greenville responded with a solo home run by Dawson Price.
- King scored the final run of the game with a solo shot by Trader Flora, but Frankie Fernandez retired the next three batters to seal the win.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- John Jones had a perfect day at the plate, going 3 for 3 including a home run.
- Connor Grant hit a grand slam and went 2 for 4 at the plate.
- Ethan Garner pitched 6.0 innings and earned the win. He allowed just 1 run off 7 hits while striking out 6 and did not give up a walk.
Inside the King Box Score
- Mark Michael went 2 for 3 including a home run.
- Grant Boyd pitched 5.0 innings, but allowed 9 earned runs and was responsible for the loss.
Next Time Out
- The conference series continues tomorrow with a doubleheader starting at noon.