Tigerville, S.C. - North Greenville won its third and final game against the Bearcats of Lander University in dominating fashion with a final score of 19-1. With the win, the Crusaders officially take the three-game series about a month after the first two games against the two teams were played. Ryan Brown hit his first home run of the season while Eric Gilbert, a senior in his fourth year at NGU, and Josh Senter hit their first ever home runs in a Crusader uniform.
- Score: North Greenville – 19 / Lander – 1
- Records: NGU 19-5, 7-2 CC / LU 6-15, 1-8 PBC
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina (Ray & Bea Dillard Field at Ashmore Park)
How it Happened
- Tucker Burgess took the mound for NGU to begin the game, pitching two scoreless innings and allowing just one hit.
- After a scoreless 1st, North Greenville entered the run column in the 2nd with a two-run home run to right field by Ryan Brown. Two at bats later, Eric Gilbert would hit the first home run of his college career down the left field line. A sacrifice fly in the inning by Josh Black put NGU up 4-0 at the end of the 2nd.
- A run would score in the 3rd as a result of a passed ball that allowed Jeffrey Chandler to score.
- The 4th inning was a big one for the Crusaders as eight runs would cross home plate including an RBI-double down the left field line by Chandler and a two-RBI single up the middle by Gilbert.
- Lander would enter the run column in the 6th with an RBI-single by Colton Yeager.
- With the entire starting lineup replaced, North Greenville put up four runs in the 7th including a three-run home run by Josh Senter. The home run was Senter's first as a Crusader.
- Two final runs scored in the 8th with an RBI-double by Dawson Price and an RBI groundout by Mitchell Painter.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
Inside the Lander Box Score
Next Time Out
- NGU remains home to face the King Tornado in a three-game conference series starting Friday at 3:00 PM.