Due West, S.C. - The North Greenville Crusaders opened up their third conference series of the season with a one-sided victory over the Erskine Flying Fleet 18-5. NGU set yet another program record by scoring 16 runs in the 3rd inning, the most runs scored in one inning in program history. Jeffrey Chandler led the Crusaders with three hits and four RBIs. Tucker Burgess won his fifth game of the year.
- Score: North Greenville – 18 / Erskine – 5
- Records: NGU 17-4, 6-1 CC / EC 14-6, 4-3 CC
- Location: Due West, South Carolina (Grier Field)
How it Happened
- EC struck first in the 2nd with an RBI-single by Jake Bennett.
- North Greenville quickly tied the game in the top of the 3rd when Josh Black hit an RBI-single to right center. Two at bats laster, a throwing error allowed NGU's second run of the game to score. North Greenville would go on to take full advantage of the error as sixteen total runs would score in the inning, including a three-run home run by Jack Morris. Erskine's starting pitcher, Michael Carpin, allowed thirteen runs, but only one was earned.
- The Fleet did continue to fight with two runs in the 4th.
- John Jones would add a run to NGU's run column with a home run on the first pitch of the 5th inning to right center. Jeffrey Chandler would later score as well.
- With the large lead, the Crusaders were able to rest their starters, replacing every batter in the starting lineup in the 6th inning.
- Erskine capped off the scoring with a run in the 6th and 7th.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Jeffrey Chandler went 3 for 4 with a double and 4 RBIs.
- John Jones recorded 2 hits including a solo home run and 3 RBIs.
- Tucker Burgess pitched 5 innings, allowing just 3 runs and earning the win.
Inside the Erskine Box Score
- Michael Carpin allowed 13 runs in 2.2 innings, but just 1 was earned.
- Chase Watts went 2 for 2 including a double.
Next Time Out
- The series continues tomorrow with a doubleheader beginning at noon.