Tigerville, S.C. - North Greenville added a victory over the nationally-ranked Florida Southern Mocs with a final score of 7-3 to its resume this afternoon. Connor Grant nearly completed his second cycle at NGU with a home run, a triple, and a single. Canaan Cropper recorded his fourth win of the season.
- Score: North Greenville – 7 / Florida Southern – 3
- Records: NGU 16-4, 5-1 CC / FSC 17-2-1, 2-1 SSC
- Location: Tigerville, North Carolina (Ray & Bea Dillard Field at Ashmore Park)
How it Happened
- Blake Hamilton was the NGU starter, but pitched just one inning as the Mocs got things going with two runs off three hits in the top of the 1st.
- North Greenville came storming back in the bottom of the inning with four runs. John Jones drove in the first run with a single to right center, scoring Josh Black. Later in the inning, Ryan Brown connected for a bases-clearing triple to bring in Jeffrey Chandler, John Jones, and Utah Jones.
- Both pitching staffs settled down in the 2nd inning with both lineups going three up, three down.
- Connor Grant added a run for the Crusaders with a leadoff home run to left field, his fifth of the season.
- After scoreless 4th and 5th innings, FSC scored a run due to a wild pitch.
- NGU would add two runs in the 7th with an RBI-triple by Connor Grant that brought in John Jones. Grant would score on the same play due to a throwing error.
- Avery Greer closed out the game with a three up, three down 9th.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
Inside the Florida Southern Box Score
Next Time Out
- North Greenville returns to conference-play Friday with a three-game series in Due West, SC against the Erskine Flying Fleet.