Augusta, GA - The Crusaders continue their momentum with a 9-7 victory over the Jags of Augusta University. Down by a run in the 8th, a sacrifice fly by Ryan Brown followed by a 2-run home run by Jeffrey Chandler put North Greenville ahead for good. Kipp Rollings recorded his second win of the year. Avery Greer earned his fourth save. Josh Black collected four hits at the leadoff spot while Utah Jones had an impressive day at the plate as well with three hits. Ryan Brown set a program record with three sacrifice fly balls.
- Score: NGU – 9 / Augusta – 7
- Records: NGU 12-3, 3-0 CC / AU 5-10, 4-5 PBC
- Location: Augusta, Georgia (Lake Olmstead Stadium)
How it Happened
- With a scoreless 1st inning, North Greenville was first on the board in the top of the 2nd with an RBI fielder's choice by Utah Jones that ended up scoring two due to an error on the play.
- Frankie Fernandez, who was NGU's starter, was roughed up in the bottom of the 2nd with five runs allowed. Daniel Kight relieved Fernandez in the 2nd, but gave up two runs himself to put Augusta up 7-2. The Jags would not score a run for the remainder of the game.
- After scoreless 3rd and 4th innings, the Crusaders scored a run in the 5th off a sacrifice fly by Ryan Brown and three runs in the 6th thanks to a 2-RBI single by Josh Black and another sacrifice fly by Brown.
- North Greenville would bring in the tying run in the 8th with Brown's third sacrifice fly of the game to tie the game at 7-7. On the next at-bat, Jeffrey Chandler came through with a 2-run home run to left field to give NGU a two-run lead.
- Avery Greer pitched a scoreless 9th inning to secure the Crusader win.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Ryan Brown did not record a hit, but did hit 3 sacrifice fly balls, a program record.
- Josh Black had quite a day at the plate with 4 hits, 2 RBIs, and 2 runs scored.
- Utah Jones collected 3 hits and 3 runs scored.
- Canaan Cropper and Kipp Rollings dominated the middle innings, combining for 6 shutout innings and just 2 hits allowed.
- Avery Greer pitched the 9th inning to record his 4th save.
Inside the Augusta Box Score
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will head to Belmont, NC to take on The Abbey in a three-game series starting Friday at 6:00 PM.