Tigerville, S.C. - North Greenville came away with a 4-1 victory over the Lions of Emmanuel College to begin conference play. Andrew Plunkett went 3 for 3 at the plate while John Jones hit his second home run of the season and extended his hitting streak to twelve games. Frankie Fernandez earned his first win as a Crusader.
- Score: NGU – 4 / Emmanuel – 1
- Records: NGU 9-3, 1-0 CC / EC 5-6, 0-4 CC
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina (Ray & Bea Dillard Field at Ashmore Park)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders were the first on the board with a run in the 2nd. An RBI-double down the left field line by Jared Williams scored Jeffrey Chandler.
- Another run scored for NGU in the 3rd when Andrew Plunkett hit an RBI-single to left center to bring in Utah Jones.
- North Greenville scored once again in the 5th with a solo home run to right center by John Jones. The home run was his second of the season.
- Starter Frankie Fernandez was relieved by Sal Lovaglio in the top of the 6th. Emmanuel plated a run in the inning with an RBI-single to left field by Daniel Gooden.
- NGU quickly responded with a run in the bottom of the 6th when Sean Parsons singled to center field, scoring Cameron Norgren.
- Lovaglio took care of business in the 7th, 8th, and 9th to earn his first save of the season.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Andrew Plunkett went 3 for 3 with a double and an RBI.
- John Jones had 2 hits including his 2nd home run of the season.
- Frankie Fernandez allowed just 1 run to earn his first win as a Crusader.
- Sal Lovaglio pitched 4 innings to earn his first save of the season.
Inside the Emmanuel Box Score
Next Time Out
- North Greenville and Emmanuel continue the three-game series with a doubleheader tomorrow starting at noon.