Tigerville, S.C. - The wait was worth it as the North Greenville Crusaders won their first home game of the year with a final score of 8-1 against the Northwood Timberwolves. Tucker Burgess pitched a dominating seven innings and earned his third win of the young season. John and Utah Jones both recorded three hits while Andrew Plunkett hit his third home run of the year.
- Score: NGU – 8 / Northwood – 1
- Records: NGU 7-3 / NC 1-4
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina (Ray & Bea Dillard Field at Ashmore Park)
How it Happened
- Northwood was first on the brand new scoreboard with a sacrifice fly in the 1st.
- Things went scoreless until the 5th inning when NGU plated three runs. With the bases loaded, John Jones hit a 2-RBI single to right center to score Ryan Brown and Utah Jones. Jeffrey Chandler then added the third run with a sacrifice fly to center field.
- The Crusaders added a run in the 6th with an RBI-single by Utah Jones that scored Josh Black.
- North Greenville then added four more runs in the 7th. Andrew Plunkett got things started with his third home run of the season. With the bases loaded later in the inning, Utah Jones recorded a three-RBI single to right center that scored Jack Morris, Jared Williams, and Black.
- Canaan Cropper and Shane Bishop each pitched an inning to close out the game with neither allowing a run.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Utah Jones went 3 for 4 with 4 RBIs.
- John Jones recorded 3 hits in 5 at-bats and 2 RBIs.
- Andrew Plunkett connected for his third home run of the season.
- Tucker Burgess pitched 7 innings allowing just 1 run on 3 hits. He struck out 10.
Inside the Northwood Box Score
- Trevor Ploweka connected for the Timberwolves' first triple of the season.
- Dakota Roberts started for Northwood. He pitched 4.1 innings allowing 3 runs on 5 hits. He was charged with the loss.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville continues its two-game series with Northwood tomorrow at 2:00 PM.