Newberry, S.C. - A rough second inning proved to be the difference as the Crusaders, who won both games in yesterday's doubleheader, fell in Game 3 to the Newberry Wolves 4-2 to close out the series. Starter Blake Hamilton suffered his second loss of the season. Connor Driscoll hit his first home run in a North Greenville uniform.
- Score: NGU – 2 / Newberry – 4
- Records: NGU 6-3 / NC 4-6
- Location: Newberry, South Carolina (Smith Road Complex)
How it Happened
- The Wolves entered the run column first with three runs in the 2nd inning by way of two RBI-singles and a wild pitch that scored the third run.
- Connor Driscoll put NGU on the board in the 3rd with his first home run of the season.
- Newberry responded in the 4th with an RBI-single to left field to make the score 4-1.
- Pitching then took over for the next three innings with no runs scoring in the 5th, 6th, and 7th.
- The only run after the 4th inning came in the 8th when Ryan Brown scored on a passed ball.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Connor Driscoll hit his first home run of the season.
- Blake Hamilton was the starter for NGU. He pitched 4 innings and allowed 4 earned runs, struck out 4, and walked 1.
- Kipp Rollings pitched a solid 2 innings. He gave up just 1 hit and walked 1.
Inside the Newberry Box Score
- Dylan Southerland had a solid game with 7 innings pitched. He allowed just 2 runs off 5 hits, walked 2, and struck out 3.
- Dalton Lansdowne recorded 2 hits, an RBI, and a walk.
- Danton Hyman, Newberry's leadoff hitter, recorded 2 hits and an RBI.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will play the first home game of the season Wednesday against Northwood University.