Lexington, S.C. - NGU's return trip to Lexington was not a successful one as the Bearcats evened the three-game series with North Greenville with a final score of 4-0. The two teams will face each other in the third game of the series later on in the season. Andrew Plunkett recorded two hits including a double. Blake Hamilton pitched the first four innings of the game and allowed just two runs, but was charged with the loss.
- Score: NGU – 4 / Lander – 0
- Records: NGU 4-2 / LU 2-3
- Location: Lexington, South Carolina (Lexington County Stadium)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders had a golden opportunity in the 1st when they loaded the bases with nobody out, but were unable to plate any runs.
- Lander got on the board in the 2nd with an RBI-single to right field.
- After a leadoff double, the Bearcats put up another run in the 4th with another RBI-single.
- Sal Lovaglio entered the game to pitch in place of Blake Hamilton. Hamilton pitched four innings, walking one while striking out five.
- Lander scored the third run of the game in the 5th with an RBI-single to right center.
- After the second out in the 5th, Daniel Kight took over the mound.
- Kipp Rollings pitched the next two innings for NGU.
- NGU had an opportunity in the 8th inning, getting two runners in scoring position. A groundout ended the top of the inning and the threat.
- Avery Greer came in to pitch the ninth. After getting the first two batters out, Greer gave up a solo home run to make the score 4-0, which would end up as the final score.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Andrew Plunkett was the only Crusaders to have more than one hit. One of his hits was a double.
- Blake Hamilton pitched four innings. He allowed two earned runs while allowing 2 runs off 5 hits.
- Kipp Rollings pitched two strong innings, allowing one hit and no runs.
Inside the Lander Box Score
- Zack Moore collected 2 hits including a home run.
- JD Cook had a strong outing with 5 innings pitched and no runs allowed.
- Tripper Ergle pitched 4 shutout innings and earned the save.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will take a road trip to Birmingham, Alabama to face the Miles Golden Bears in a doubleheader on Wednesday.