Greenwood, S.C. - The Crusaders of North Greenville mustered up 5 runs off 11 hits to beat the Lander Bearcats 5-1. With the win, the Crusaders are now on a three-game winning streak. Connor Grant hit a home run for the third straight game while John Jones continues to collect hits at a record pace. Tucker Burgess was the winning pitcher while Canaan Cropper earned his first save of the season.
- Score: NGU – 5 / Lander – 1
- Records: NGU 4-1 / LU 1-3
- Location: Greenwood, South Carolina (Dolny Stadium)
How it Happened
- The first three innings of the game went scoreless.
- North Greenville was the first to get on the board when Jeffrey Chandler tripled to right field to score John Jones in the 4th.
- The Bearcats responded with their only run of the game in the bottom of the 5th.
- NGU quickly took the lead back with a solo home run by Connor Grant.
- An RBI double by Connor Driscoll gave North Greenville another run to lead 3-1 in the 7th.
- Grant hit in his second RBI of the game with a single to center field to score Ryan Brown.
- The Crusaders would get another insurance run in the 9th with an RBI single to center field by Brown, which scored Plunkett.
- Canaan Cropper, who relieved Tucker Burgess in the 7th, pitched three shutout innings to earn the save.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Connor Grant collected 2 hits and 2 RBIs. He hit his 4th home run of the season.
- John Jones recorded 2 more hits. He has collected at least two hits in all five games this season.
- Ryan Brown had two hits and an RBI at the leadoff position.
Inside the Lander Box Score
- Zack Moore led the Bearcats with three hits.
- Colton Yeager recorded 2 hits and an RBI.
- Alex Conaway also posted 2 hits.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will face Lander again tomorrow in Lexington at 1:00 PM.