Anderson, SC - North Greenville scored eleven runs to beat the Palm Beach Atlantic Sailfish 11-6. With the win, the Crusaders are now 4-1 at Lexington County Stadium.
- Score: NGU – 11 / Palm Beach Atlantic – 6
- Records: NGU 3-1 / PBA 1-3
- Location: Lexington, South Carolina (Lexington County Stadium)
How it Happened
- NGU was the first team to get on the board with four runs in the 2nd inning. After one run scored due to an error on the PBA pitcher, Connor Grant connected with his third home run of the season to score three, making the score 4-0 after two innings.
- The Sailfish quickly responded with five runs in the top of the 3rd to take the lead.
- North Greenville took the lead right back with two runs in the bottom of the 3rd. Alex Williams scored the first run with a sacrifice fly to right center. Andrew Plunkett then belted a two-run home run to center field to make the score 7-5 in favor of the Crusaders.
- Ethan Garner entered the game in the top of the 4th to relieve Frankie Fernandez.
- Things went quiet in the 4th and 5th, but NGU had a successful 6th inning with two runs scored. With two runners on, Jack Morris drove a double to right center to drive in both runners.
- The Crusaders added an additional run in the 7th thanks to a wild pitch that scored Andrew Plunkett.
- Palm Beach plated one more run in the top of the 8th, but NGU added a run as well with an RBI bunt single by Jared Williams.
- Daniel Kight entered the game for the Crusaders to pitch a three-up-three-down inning to close out the game.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Andrew Plunkett had an impressive day at the plate, posting three hits, three runs, 2 RBIs, and a home run.
- Connor Grant hit his third home run of the season.
- Frankie Fernandez pitched the first three innings for the Crusaders.
- Ethan Garner pitched 5 strong innings, allowing just one run and earning the win.
Inside the Palm Beach Atlantic Box Score
- Riley Herold recorded 2 hits and 2 RBIs.
- Kyle Simon, Ryan Johnson, and Connor Rowland all collected 2 hits and 1 RBI.
- Mikhail Cazenave started for the Sailfish, pitching 5.2 innings. He was charged with the loss.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders continue tomorrow against the Lander Bobcats in Greenwood at 5:00 PM.