Anderson, SC - The North Greenville Crusaders left Anderson with a win in a game where they once trailed 5-1. A two-run seventh innings and a three-run eighth gave the Crusaders the lead, and were able to hang on for the victory. John Jones collected four hits while Connor Grant hit three including a go-ahead home run in the eighth. Canaan Cropper was the winning pitcher.
- Score: NGU – 7 / Anderson – 6
- Records: NGU 2-1 / AU 2-2
- Location: Anderson, South Carolina (Memorial Stadium)
How it Happened
- The Trojans scored first with an unearned run in the first inning.
- Jack Morris tied the game in the fourth inning with a solo home run to left field.
- Anderson claimed the lead again with four runs in the bottom of the fourth.
- NGU added its second run to the scoreboard when Jared Williams singled through the right side to score John Jones.
- Things went quiet for both teams until the seventh innings when the Crusaders came through two runs. Jeffrey Chandler drove the first run in with an RBI single to right field. Then Williams hit into an RBI groundout to cut the deficit to one run.
- North Greenville came through once again in the eight, scoring three more runs and taking the lead. The scoring started when Jones hit an RBI single to third base. Then on the next at-bat, Connor Grant hit his second home run of the young season to left field to score two.
- Anderson would put up a fight with an RBI double to left center to cut the Crusader lead to one, but were unable to score the tying run in the ninth.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- John Jones led NGU in hits with four. He also led in runs scored with three.
- Connor Grant had three hits including the go-ahead home run in the eighth.
- Canaan Cropper pitched three shutout innings and earned the win.
Inside the Anderson Box Score
- Matthew Overton collected two hits and two RBIs.
- William Thomas recorded two hits.
- Stetson Scott, the Anderson starter, pitched 3.2 innings, allowing six hits and just one earned run.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will travel to Lexington, SC to take on the Palm Beach Atlantic Sailfish on Thursday, February 8th at 3:00 PM.