Milledgeville, GA - After scoring 23 runs in their first game, the Crusaders were unable to get on the scoreboard in their second game of the day. Georgia College won 7-0 thanks to a 6-run 3rd inning and an additional run in the 4th. Tucker Burgess was the starter for NGU, but lasted just three innings before being relieved.
- Score: NGU – 0 / Georgia College – 7
- Records: NGU 1-1 / Georgia College 2-0
- Location: Milledgeville, South Carolina (John Kurtz Field)
How it Happened
- Both teams were quiet in the first and second innings, but a disastrous third inning put Georgia College up 6-0. After scoring two runs, a triple scored two more runs for the Bobcats. Another run scored later in the inning.
- The Crusaders put up a fight in the top of the fourth by getting the first two runners on base, but then went three up three down to end the threat.
- Another run scored for Georgia College in the fourth to put the Bobcats up 7-1.
- The bats then went cold for the Crusaders as they would collect just two hits for the remainder of the game.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- John Jones recorded two of North Greenville's six hits.
- Tucker Burgess, who started the game, pitched three innings and allowed six earned runs.
- Blake Hamilton relieved Burgess, and pitched three innings. He did not allow an earned run.
Inside the Georgia College Box Score
- Wesley Wommack collected two hits and two RBIs.
- Logan Mattix, Caleb Slaughter, and Garrett Green also recorded two hits.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will travel to nearby Anderson to take on the Anderson University Trojans Tuesday, February 6th with a scheduled start time of 3:00 PM.